You are here: Home / Blog
by , on March 28, 2017
Q: Could an end user wear a 12″ High voltage protector over a Class 00/0 14″ rubber glove? The difference between a 13″ Class 00-/0 protector and a 12″ Class 1-4 protector is the cuff color. A: Some companies will not allow this because they want the protector cuff cover to indicate that the glove is...
by , on March 27, 2017
Our “hats are off” to Joe Rachford for his community service to young people and college students in Florence, KY! Fifteen years ago, motivated by his former employer’s decision to follow NFPA 70E®, Joe developed a 2-hour electrical safety class. Years later, he decided to use that material as a way to share his electrical...
by , on March 23, 2017
Kevin Holm, part of e-Hazard training in Canada, spoke at Saudi Arabia’s 4th Electrical Safety Experts Symposium this week. The symposium is held for leaders in the kingdom to share information on safety facts and learn new and better ways to improve electrical safety. According to statistics in the symposium brochure, “fire accidents due to electrocution” were...
by , on March 22, 2017
Arc rated (AR) clothing has come a long way in the last two decades. In the 1990s, there were fewer options limited to only a handful of  industries. Today, along with a larger market of industries that require arc rated clothing, the choices have increased for fabrics, now available in different colors, patterns, and arc...
by , on March 20, 2017
Choosing PPE for your employees can be a daunting task. You not only have to decide the appropriate pieces to purchase, but you also must consider your employees’ comfort and the proper donning and use of each PPE. Then you’ll want to teach your employees how to care for your investment. Feeling overwhelmed? You are...
by , on March 15, 2017
Question: I have been asked by our Radiation Safety (at a nuclear power plant) manager if there is a known hazard with wearing nitrile gloves under voltage rated rubber gloves with leather protectors. Our company’s consensus is that even if a person were subjected to a 40 calorie event, there would not be enough heat transfer...
by , on March 15, 2017
In Saskatchewan, Canada, a SaskPower supervisor was fined $28,000 after being found guilty of Occupational Health & Safety violations. The accident occurred in Wakaw, Saskatchewan in 2014. Kleon Swahn and his crew were called to repair a line break on a high voltage line. When it was discovered that the available bucket truck did not...
by , on March 9, 2017
This year’s Electrical Safety Workshop was energetic and productive, once again showing that when a group of enthusiastic and engaged electrical and safety professionals get together, good things happen. E-hazard made it through another busy week at ESW! We were excited to be in Reno this year. It’s always fun to meet new people and...
by , on March 9, 2017
An 18-year-old worker for a telecommunications company was shocked in Orange Park, Florida, as he was working near high voltage power lines. John Bowman and other crewmembers were sending a line through a conduit with compressed air. The line “got away from them”, went up into the air about 75 feet, and at some point touched...
by , on March 7, 2017
Konecranes Canada Inc. in Ontario pleaded guilty last month in the death of one of their employees in 2015. The victim, a manager for the company, was electrically shocked as he and another worker were going up in a scissor lift. At the time, the two workers were repairing a 20-ton overhead crane. The ensuing...
123456789 ... 18 ... 27 ... 36 ... 45 ... 54 ... 63 ... 72 ... 81 ... 90 ... 99 ... 108 ... 117 ... 126 ...