CSA Group Releases 2018 CE Code
The C22.1-18 – 2018 Canadian Electrical Code, Part I, includes over 260 updates and revisions. The publication is developed with the participation of all Provincial and Territorial Authorities Having Jurisdiction and CSA Committee Members representing manufacturing, labor, education, design, conformity assessment, and all other areas of the Canadian electrical industry.
Changes in This Version
Some of the major changes include these items:
- A new sub-section of rules for power over Ethernet (POE) cables
- The addition of demand factors for electric vehicle energy management systems
- The installation of an identified conductor at each control location for energy management system control devices
- Disconnecting means for certain LED luminaires
- Tamper resistant receptacles in other areas where children may be present
- Mandated ground fault circuit interrupter (GFCI) protection for electric heating devices and controls near wet areas
- New requirements in Section 78 to help prevent electric shock drowning
More information, including how to order a copy of the updated book, is available on the CSA Group website.