by , on July 11, 2014

Three people were injured, one fatally,  in an electrocution in Lucknow, Uttar Pradesh India as a result of a an electrical shock. The workers were painting and white washing a school building when they came in contact with a live 132 kv transmission line. The workers received a shock when they came in contact with the energized wire.

Uttar Pradesh Power Corporation Ltd. (UPTCL) indicate no reports about any trouble with the line in the area at the time of this incident. Additionally, they claim they were not informed about the work being done.

The incident with the transmission line shut down the power supply in surrounding areas for approximately an hour.

This is a good example of how administrative controls can fail to protect workers.  This is not a PPE issue as these workers should have never been exposed to the HV.

Read more about this incident


Hugh Hoagland
About author:

Hugh Hoagland is the foremost tester of clothing and PPE exposed to electrical arcs and is an arc flash expert. Read more about Hugh.


Leave a Reply