by , on May 8, 2014

A lineman working on a project near Eklutna, Anchorage, AK, sustained electrical shock injuries as part of a four-person crew working on de-energized powerlines near a new plant.

Reports indicate, power had been cut to the line, allowing  work to be done. However, “electricity flowing in nearby wires induced enough current in the supposedly dead line that it produced a severe shock when the man touched it with his hand” according to a report in the Anchorage Daily News.

First responders from Chugiak Volunteer Fire and Rescue Co. report the 35 year old journeyman suffered burn wounds to his hand and chest.

An investigation is underway by Northern Powerline and Alaska Occupational Safety and Health.

Read article


Read more here:

Hugh Hoagland
About author:
Hugh Hoagland is the foremost tester of clothing and PPE exposed to electrical arcs and is an arc flash expert. Read more about Hugh.

Leave a Reply