by , on September 13, 2010

Two electricians, a 72 year old grandfather (subcontracting for his old company) working with his 22 year old grandson were burned seriously enough to be entered into a burn unit knocking out power to a senior citizen’s highrise.

I troubled me a bit that the article and the follow up focused more on the inconvenience to the senior citizens (even focusing on a parakeet) when two electrical workers are still in a burn unit.  We probably need to be more inconvenienced and save electricians lives if given the choice.  I’m all for live work when necessary but I don’t think most folks know what electricians face daily.

Evacuated beats MEDIVAC’ed any day!

Click here to read the first article.

Click here to read the follow up article.


Hugh Hoagland
About author:
Hugh Hoagland is the foremost tester of clothing and PPE exposed to electrical arcs and is an arc flash expert. Read more about Hugh.

Leave a Reply