by , on February 16, 2011
An electrician who was performing an electrical inspection at the Marriott Hotel on Grand Cayman was burned when the electrical panel box exploded.  He was taken to the hospital with burns to his face, hands and arms.  Arc flash doesn’t just happen in industrial settings.  This is the second person we have seen burned in a hotel.  All electricians need electrical safety training and proper PPE.
Click here to read more about Arc Flash incident on Grand Cayman

Hugh Hoagland
About author:
Hugh Hoagland is the foremost tester of clothing and PPE exposed to electrical arcs and is an arc flash expert. Read more about Hugh.

Leave a Reply