ASTM Committee F18 invites papers for the 2020 Symposium to be submitted.
The ASTM Committee F18 on Electrical Protective Equipment for Workers will hold a Symposium next year. One of their goals is to identify opportunities for standards revisions or new standard development. One way to do this is to allow prospective authors to submit papers.
Paper topics may include, but are not limited to, the following:
- Testing evaluations and research related to personal protective equipment used by workers exposed to electrical hazards
- Worker Personal Equipment
- Insulating Cover-Up Equipment
- Tools and Equipment
- Mechanical Apparatus
- Inspection and Non-Destructive Test Methods for Aerial Devices
- Correlation between AC and DC testing for voltage-rated equipment
- Arc Flash and Related Topics
- Shock Protection and Related Topics
See more details on paper topics and requirements on the ASTM International website.
Turn in a Preliminary Abstract
To participate in the symposium, presenters/authors must submit a 250 to 300-word preliminary abstract. Use the online Abstract Submittal form.
The deadline for submitting your abstract is Friday, February 14, 2020.
You will be notified soon after if your paper is accepted for presentation at the symposium.
Looking Ahead at the October 2020 Symposium
The Symposium will provide a forum for the exchange of ideas on current research in the electrical industry.
Event: Symposium on Electrical Protective Equipment for Workers
When: Thursday, October 29th, 2020
Where: Orlando, Florida, USA
Venue: Renaissance Orlando at SeaWorld