by , on April 26, 2011

A lineman for  BVI Electricity Corporation (BVIEC) was flown to a Miami hospital after he suffered severe electrical burns while inspecting a line. Initial reports are that the lineman came into contact with a live high-voltage line that should have been de-activated.  Sources indicate that there might have been some  miscommunication between the crew that led to the incident

Click here to read more about the electrical incident at BVIEC


Hugh Hoagland
About author:
Hugh Hoagland is the foremost tester of clothing and PPE exposed to electrical arcs and is an arc flash expert. Read more about Hugh.

Leave a Reply