by , on August 30, 2011

The utility worker was  electrocuted  while working on  power line from a power pole. Co-workers witnessed the incident and lowered the man to the ground in his safety harness. First aid was administered and emergency medical personnel were called. The man was transported to the hospital by ambulance and died at the hospital later that afternoon.  Alberta Occupational Health and Safety is investigating.

Click here to read more about Canadian Utility Fatality

 

 


Hugh Hoagland
About author:
Hugh Hoagland is the foremost tester of clothing and PPE exposed to electrical arcs and is an arc flash expert. Read more about Hugh.

Leave a Reply