Science Direct is offering the chapter on arc flash by Hugh Hoagland of ArcWear from the “Handbook of fire resistant textiles”, for purchase individually.
The chapter written by Hoagland, entitled, “Flame resistant textiles for electric arc flash hazards” includes details on the development of arc flash standards and testing, materials used in electric arc applications and future trends.
- Key flammability issues affecting electric arc clothing
- The development of arc flash standards and testing
- Calculation of arc ratings
- Materials used in electric arc applications
- Effect of common weaves and other factors in arc flash
- Advances in electric arc clothing
The handbook, published by Woodhead Publishing,“provides a comprehensive review of the considerable advances that have occurred in the field of fire resistant textiles in recent years.” (Source: www.woodheadpublishing.com)
(*Registration for the website may be required)