by , on May 18, 2012

A Tecvac machine operator in Cambridge was seriously injured last July while checking new cables on a hardening machine.  He was shocked, leaving open wounds to his forearm and left palm, and burns on left arm and knee.  The company was fined for not having prevented access to the live parts of the cables, not insulating them or ensuring that the stored electrical energy had been discharged.

Click here to read the article dated 4/26/12.


Hugh Hoagland
About author:
Hugh Hoagland is the foremost tester of clothing and PPE exposed to electrical arcs and is an arc flash expert. Read more about Hugh.

Leave a Reply