by , on April 26, 2011

An electrical contractor received severe burns while an electrical  breaker was being tested during an electrical outlet on Texas A&M’s campus.  He was rushed to a local hospital and then flown to Brooke Army Medical Center in San Antonio.  Details of his condition have not been released.  This is most likely an arc flash.  When workers receive severe burns in an arc flash they most often have a clothing ignition.  Texas A&M did NFPA 70E and NESC training in the past through their outreach program to rural electric co-ops but this doesn’t show up on their site anymore.

Click here to read more about electrical incident at Texas A&M campus.


Hugh Hoagland
About author:
Hugh Hoagland is the foremost tester of clothing and PPE exposed to electrical arcs and is an arc flash expert. Read more about Hugh.

1 Comment on "Electrical contractor working at Texas A&M injured in electrical incident. Flown to San Antonio hospital."

Hugh Hoagland
Hugh Hoagland - 2 September 2011 Reply

Don't know of anything at this point.

Leave a Reply