Category: Electrical Incidents
Electrical Incidents
by , on May 30, 2019
rubber insulated gloves
A worker suffered an electrical shock injury after his rubber insulating glove was punctured while he was working. As he reached down to pick up a fallen plastic cover, his glove caught on a sharp edge of a control transformer. The pinhole created by the sharp metal allowed 1000 volts to pass through his wrist....
by , on May 24, 2019
A National Grid worker received electric shock and fall injuries this week. A worker, whose name has not yet been released, fell out of a bucket to the ground, striking some power lines on the way down. The incident happened in Norton, Massachusetts. National Grid is installing new utility poles in the area. A police...
by , on May 1, 2019
Is that Electrical Wire De-Energized? A worker in New Jersey escaped injury after a power line fell to wet ground and arc flashed. How much energy is there? Probably very low from an arc flash perspective since the fault current would be low. The arc gap length was VERY small from the side of the...
by , on April 10, 2019
electric shock symbol
Dowa THT America, Inc., of Bowling Green, OH, has been issued several citations from OSHA. Proposed fines total over $1,300,000. The company was cited for twenty-five willful, serious, and other-than-serious violations. One of those citations includes failure of the employer to provide PPE for employees that would protect them from electrical shock and arc flash....
by , on November 5, 2018
A 61-year-old construction worker died from electrocution this past June. The worker had been driving a dump truck to remove debris from a site in Lexington, KY. He raised the bed of the truck, and it struck the power lines above. The truck caught on fire. As the worker attempted to get out of the truck,...