by , on July 1, 2010

I’m a big faceshield proponent in arc flash.  I have seen MANY faces saved by arc flash and many face burns which were needless.  This is one of the first electrocutions I have seen that could have been entirely prevented by a faceshield.

The guy was struck in the forehead by a live wire and electrocuted.  He was wearing protective gloves and sleeves but a faceshield could have prevented it.  Wear it for the arc flash, wear it for electrocution but wear it!

Click here to read the news story from the Augusta Chronicle.


Hugh Hoagland
About author:
Hugh Hoagland is the foremost tester of clothing and PPE exposed to electrical arcs and is an arc flash expert. Read more about Hugh.

Leave a Reply