IEEE IAS Electrical Safety Workshop 2019 will be here before you know it!
Dates: March 4-8, 2019
Place: Jacksonville, FL
Venue: Hyatt Regency Jacksonville Riverside
Registration is open for the annual Electrical Safety Workshop. You can take advantage of the early-bird pricing through January 31.
As always, e-Hazard will be at the Expo. The exhibits program will happen on Wednesday, March 6, from 3-6 pm. Come see us at our booth!
Technical Sessions and Tutorials to Interest You
The Electrical Safety Workshop offers many tutorials and technical sessions every year. This year, seven tutorials are being offered on two different days.
Tuesday, March 5, 8:00 am – 12:00 pm:
- Understanding Personal Protective Grounding
- Applying Power of Prevention through Design in Your Electrical Safety Program
- Introduction to the 2018 Edition of IEEE 1584, Guide for Performing Arc-Flash Hazard Calculations
- Application of a Complete Electrical Risk Assessment Method for all Electrical Hazards
Friday, March 8, 1:00 – 5:00 pm:
- Risk Assessment Methods for Battery Bank Thermal, Shock and Arc-Flash Hazards
- Back to Basics – Grounding and Bonding
- Developing a State-of-the-Art Electrical Safety Auditing Program
Thirty technical sessions will be offered on Wednesday, Thursday and Friday.
Students’ “Safety by Design” presentations will be displayed through the week as well.
Who from e-Hazard will be Speaking?
Several e-Hazard instructors are scheduled to speak, including Hugh Hoagland, Marcia Eblen, Mike Dougherty and Joe Rachford.
Visit the ESW site often to stay informed and up-to-date.