by , on September 22, 2010

 An employee of an electrical contracting company was fatally electrocuted while working on buried electrical piping. on the north side of the business complex, Surmaczewicz said. The man was taken to Halifax Hospital in Port Orange, where he died at 5:51 p.m., he said.

The victim was working with another worker when he touched a bare wire. Both workers thought the power to the wire had been turned off, she said. The accident is under OSHA investigation.  OSHA electrical safety requirements have some specific steps to create what NFPA 70E calls an “electrical safe work condition”.  Many companies train their employees to do these types of procedures.  It is critical companies follow up with electrical safe work audits.

Click her to read more about the fatal electrocution in FL


Hugh Hoagland
About author:
Hugh Hoagland is the foremost tester of clothing and PPE exposed to electrical arcs and is an arc flash expert. Read more about Hugh.

Leave a Reply