by , on March 6, 2014

Electrician Michael Hemond was electrocuted while working at Richford electrical substation in September of 2006. He remembers looking at a switching component in the facility and then was knocked to the ground.

The electrocution resulted in the lose of the lower half of both his legs and various other injuries. Hemond is suing Frontier Communications of America, the company who purchased Citizens Energy Services, the original company responsible for the building of the substation in 2004.

Court papers indicate Mr. Hemonds feels Frontier is to blame for the accident due to alleged design flaws with the substation as well as a lack of proper grounding for the switching device.

The substation in question was purchased by Vermont Electric Cooperative where Hemonds is still employed. He is not suing his current employer.

Read the full story…

 


Hugh Hoagland
About author:
Hugh Hoagland is the foremost tester of clothing and PPE exposed to electrical arcs and is an arc flash expert. Read more about Hugh.

Leave a Reply