by , on January 27, 2014

The Homer Tribune of Homer, Alaska reports a lineman is in being treated in a Seattle hospital for serious injuries after receiving a severe electric shock working near Diamond Ridge last week.

The man, Jacob Adams, an Homer Electric Association lineman was doing maintenance work on a high-voltage transition box when the accident occurred on Wednesday, January 8, 2014. An investigation is under way.

Homer Electric Association is one of those companies we have worked with.  They have arc flash gear which helps save lives even in contact situations.  Our thoughts go out to Homer Electric and Jacob.  These folks are family.

Read full article


Hugh Hoagland
About author:
Hugh Hoagland is the foremost tester of clothing and PPE exposed to electrical arcs and is an arc flash expert. Read more about Hugh.

Leave a Reply