by , on June 21, 2014

Himmatrao Devrao Sonkamble died assisting his son while working on a high-tension live wire. The 52 year old man was a mason and assisted at times by his son, Rahul.

Police reports indicate the pair were working on the boundary wall of the terrace of a building when Rahul came in contact with the live wire. When Sonkamble saw his son was in danger, he attempted to free him, became hung up on the live wire and
suffered electric shock. Rahul was saved however sustained burns and was admitted to the burn unit of Government Medical College and Hospital.

Since the accident, nearby residents have made demands of GTL, the power supply company,to cover the live wires with rubber following the incident.

Read the story


Hugh Hoagland
About author:

Hugh Hoagland is the foremost tester of clothing and PPE exposed to electrical arcs and is an arc flash expert. Read more about Hugh.


Leave a Reply