by , on August 8, 2012

An arc flash occurred on 7/16/12 in Shakopee, MN, in which four utility workers were injured.  One was seriously burned while working in a cherry picker near power lines;  he was overhead to keep repeating, “I should have put it [PPE] on. Why didn’t I put it on?”, as well as asking if he still had his ear.

Click here to view the Fox9.com article and video from 7/16/12.

 


Hugh Hoagland
About author:
Hugh Hoagland is the foremost tester of clothing and PPE exposed to electrical arcs and is an arc flash expert. Read more about Hugh.

Leave a Reply