Our article on AR and FR gloves came out in the February-March 2019 edition of Incident Prevention.
In Specifying Arc-Rated and Flame-Resistant Gloves , Stacy Klausing and I discuss the different standards for shock and arc flash protection for gloves. We offer five steps to help you decide which gloves to buy for your employees:
- Use the proper standard and understand that standard’s focus and limitations
- Choose the levels of protection necessary for your work location
- Educate all your workers on which gloves are appropriate for the tasks they perform
- Take advantage of the new gloves on the market today. There are more choices than ever.
- “Stay ahead of the curve” by choosing gloves specific to the real hazard. Don’t settle for simplistic terms like “flame-resistant” or “self-extinguishing” when your hazards may be more defined.