This past weekend the NFPA notified us that they are shipping NFPA 70E 2015 within 48 hours.
Note that the standard goes into effect within 15 days of printing according to the forward.
The new standard which is available now in PDF form has stunning changes including:
- Elimination of HRC 0 moving all electrical work into arc rated clothing (non melting clothing required under AR clothing)
- New RISK BASED Assessment Tables with strong requirements for proper equipment maintenance
- Elimination of PPE for all closed door operations (unwisely this covers ALL voltages) but the chance that any company meets the maintenance requirements is slim
- Term HRC is gone. Look for clothing companies to start using ARC
- Most ARC PPE in Tables is raised. No lowering for risk in tables
- Calculations emphasized. Tables usefulness now limited and requiring less or much more PPE
Read more or Order your .pdf copy