Let e-Hazard help you apply the NFPA 70E 2015 changes through our training available Oct.10, 2015
The new standard has stunning changes including:
- Elimination of HRC 0 moving all electrical work into arc rated clothing (non melting clothing required under AR clothing)
- New RISK BASED Assessment Tables with strong requirements for proper equipment maintenance
- Elimination of PPE for all closed door operations (unwisely this covers ALL voltages) but the chance that any company meets the maintenance requirements is slim
- Term HRC is gone. Look for clothing companies to start using ARC
- Most ARC PPE in Tables is raised. No lowering for risk in tables
- Calculations emphasized. Tables usefulness now limited and requiring less or much more PPE
Order the NFPA 70E-2015 PDF directly from NFPA by clicking here.
Take our LV/HV NFPA 70E and OSHA 1910.269 classes to get up to date on your electrical safety.