by , on February 24, 2012

A NZ farmer checking on his stock was electrocuted due to a downed power line.  The live wire had fallen from a nearby power pole which had caught fire at the top dropping the insulators and line near to the ground.    The man’s wife was also seriously burned when she attempted to get to him.

Click here to read the article from 1/30/12.


Hugh Hoagland
About author:
Hugh Hoagland is the foremost tester of clothing and PPE exposed to electrical arcs and is an arc flash expert. Read more about Hugh.

Leave a Reply