by , on October 20, 2010

The claims journal reported on Oct. 15 the Oct. 12 incident in the MSHA report below but called this a shock when it is actually an arc flash.  There could be shock involved but the amount of burn on the body indicates it is likely a clothing ignition from an arc flash.

Click here to read: Oklahoma electrical fatality mistaken as shock.

Click here to read our Arc Flash Training Blog report and the MSHA report.


Hugh Hoagland
About author:
Hugh Hoagland is the foremost tester of clothing and PPE exposed to electrical arcs and is an arc flash expert. Read more about Hugh.

Leave a Reply