e-Hazard Blog

by , on December 13, 2012
The assistant director of the electrical unit of the municipality of BaPhalaborwa, South Africa, received fatal burns resulting from an explosion while working in an electrical sub-station.  Another colleage is in intensive care. According to preliminary investigations, the two had gone to switch on power after the mining town had gone for three days without...
by , on December 13, 2012
While erecting tents for a wedding in Eminabad, Pakistan, two workmen touched live lines and were fatally shocked. Find out more from Dawn.com Newspaper dated 11/11/12.
by , on December 13, 2012
KnowYourFR.com has released a new set of videos to offer answers for implementing an FR program.  Safety managers from across the country were asked about the most common FR program challenges, with this video offering practical advice on how to address them. Get details from KnowYourFR.com webpage
by , on December 13, 2012
A 28 year old contract worker on a construction site in Duntroon, Australia, suffered electric shock and was taken to the hospital. Work safety commissioner Mark McCabe says it is too early to say what went wrong.  “I understand that it is a fairly young worker, a new worker, but there seems to have been...
by , on December 13, 2012
Electrical and Computer Engineering of Athens, Greece, has authored an in-depth analysis of an electrical accident that occurred when an electrician was performing work on a medium voltage transformer of the Public Power Corporation (PPC).  This could be a good learning tool for accident investigations and understanding of electrical incidents. Highlights ► Electrician tried to...
... 96979899100101102103104 ... 108 ... 117 ... 126 ... 135 ... 144 ... 153 ... 162 ... 171 ... 180 ... 189 ... 198 ... 207 ... 216 ... 225 ... 234 ... 243 ...