e-Hazard Blog

by , on November 30, 2012
John Scrimshaw was cleaning paint splashes from cables  at Hamworthy Combustion Engineering Ltd of Poole, England, when he suffered a shock & was thrown 5 metres to the ground.  The Health and Safety Executive found the cables, which powered an overhead crane used to move heavy industrial heating units, were bare and had not been...
by , on November 30, 2012
Take a look at this Arc-Flash comic drawn by Dave Allred for Mark Robison, PE. See more at MEP Ninja webpage dated 10/25/12.
by , on November 30, 2012
Interesting drawings of 30 ways to die by electrocution as printed in the 1930’s. Get details from Retronaut webpage.    
by , on November 30, 2012
A high voltage power line was accidentally shot down due to celebratory gunfire during a wedding in Eastern Saudi Arabia, landing on a metal door to the house.   Twenty-five were electrocuted and 30 injured as people fled through the electrified metal door. Get the details from The Siasat Daily dated 10/31/12.
by , on November 30, 2012
Donald R. Klein dba Vortex Recycling, Inc., of New Castle, PA, was cited $58k by OSHA for safety & health violations, including serious violations of fall, electrical and struck-by hazards; using equipment that is improperly installed, identified and located;serious violations include a variety of fall, electrical and struck-by hazards; using equipment that is improperly installed, identified...
... 9899100101102103104105106 ... 108 ... 117 ... 126 ... 135 ... 144 ... 153 ... 162 ... 171 ... 180 ... 189 ... 198 ... 207 ... 216 ... 225 ... 234 ... 243 ...