You are here: Home / Blog
by , on February 18, 2010
Sad another fatality which used to be common in the US. Grounding has almost totally eliminated these. The US OSHA 1910.269 legally required grounding in most medium voltage to high voltage applications or the worker must consider the conductors energized. Additionally arc rated clothing has been shown to save some shock victims. Ignition of clothing...
by , on February 17, 2010
ConEd has an exceptional arc flash PPE program. Two injured. One critical according to one report but not critical according to a ConEd report. Most like a manhole arc flash. Standers-by might think the person in the hole was worse off than reality. Arc flashes have substantial smoke which looks like serious burns but often...
by , on February 15, 2010
This 2003 article is free with registration to the British Medical Journal. Thought the Brits don’t recognize NFPA 70E they have pretty impeccable results with their methods for electrical safety including “safety by design”. They have required “touch safe” designs installed since 1991 for many applications which makes the average worker much safer from shocks....
by , on February 15, 2010
Good to see studies in Bulgaria of electrical fatalities. Not just of workers but most were workers and male. Click to see the study in an Internet Journal of Forensic urnal
by , on February 13, 2010
No life is worth more than another but sadly one of those lost in this recent plant explosion w
by , on February 13, 2010
Often ComDust and electrical issues are linked. Usually these are preventable by housekeeping but improper electrical wiring are often a culprit. See the story in the local news. Another local story on the same blast.
by , on February 13, 2010
No maintenance going on here. Sounds like a cable failure. See the story.
by , on February 13, 2010
Teaching everyone basic electrical safety can save heartache and pain and make our world safer. Here we have a good example of lack of maintenance and possibly poor quality switches and breakers. Good quality electrical devices installed properly by a trained electrical worker and periodically inspected could have hel
by , on February 10, 2010
The worker doesn’t appear to be an electrical worker. Most of those who die from electrocution are not electricians. Click here to read the story in the local newspaper. http://bit.ly/9or3Pa