e-Hazard Blog

by , on October 1, 2011
A Jamestown, NY Utility worker was critically injured while working in an underground vault to restore a power outage.  He was badly burned during an arc flash, receiving burns to his hands, face and upper chest.  He was transported to the hospital and listed in critical condition. Click here to read more about Arc Flash...
by , on October 1, 2011
Two electrical incidents in different areas of Alberta resulted in the deaths of two electrical workers. One was killed while installing cables near Ft. McMurray.  The second occurred in Southwest Alberta while working on a power transmission project. Alberta’s Occupational Health and Safety department says a 34-year-old electrical foreman died yesterday morning while installing cables...
by , on October 1, 2011
A firm in the UK was ordered by the Health and Safety Executive to pay £30,000 after two workers were burned in an electrical incident.  The workers were electrocuted while working on a dockside crane.  A maintenance worker was asked to investigate a power failure on the crane even though he was not a trained...
by , on October 1, 2011
The employee was working as a subcontractor at a construction site when the incident occurred.    The explosion was caused when a main electrical supply cable to the site was cut during its removal.  A 415 volt three-phase temporary supply had been provided to the site. The Court heard that the worker approached his supervisor to explain that the electrical...
by , on October 1, 2011
The two men, who were working for a geotechnical drilling company, where using a penetrometer to test soil density when the penetrometer came into contact with a 6600-volt cable what was buried about 60cm below the surface. One employee suffered burns to his legs and up his front and  the more seriously injured man received burns to ~10%...
... 158159160161162163164165166 ... 171 ... 180 ... 189 ... 198 ... 207 ... 216 ... 225 ... 234 ... 243 ...