e-Hazard Blog

by , on February 18, 2015
In Litchfield County, Connecticut, a manufacturer was exposing employees to mechanical, electrical, chemical and respiratory hazards.  U.S. Chutes Corp. is facing $94,248 in fines.  See more details here.
by , on February 17, 2015
ppe
Counterfeit and inferior personal protective equipment (PPE) is still making its way into UK workplaces. Slingsby, a workplace equipment supplier, is letting people know that despite previous warnings, these products are still being distributed.  Some of the inferior products they’ve seen have been badly made while others are supported by falsified certifications.  Even with third...
by , on February 17, 2015
In October 2014, a farm worker was critically injured when the auger boom on his tractor contacted overhead power lines. Zachary Short, 24 years old, grabbed a fire extinguisher and jumped over the trailer hitch on the tractor to respond to a fire started by the electrical arcing. He was thrown backward by the electrical...
by , on February 13, 2015
An electrical arc flash critically injured several workers in Morley, Australia. High Energy Service Pty Ltd was conducting work in the vicinity of the Morley Galleria shopping centre, where their employees and subcontractors were injured in an electrical explosion. Regrettably, two people died during the incident.  One was confirmed dead at the scene,  while another worker...
by , on February 11, 2015
electrical-safety-arc-flash-hospital
Two employees of the American Refining Group ( ARG ) were injured early on Wednesday when an electrical arc flash occurred. An investigation is underway as to why the arc flash happened.  There were no fatalities – one employee was transported by a medical helicopter to a hospital in Buffalo, N.Y., while the other was sent to Bradford...
... 232425262728293031 ... 36 ... 45 ... 54 ... 63 ... 72 ... 81 ... 90 ... 99 ... 108 ... 117 ... 126 ... 135 ... 144 ... 153 ... 162 ... 171 ... 180 ... 189 ... 198 ... 207 ... 216 ... 225 ... 234 ... 243 ...