by , on July 18, 2012
The owner of Hickey Tree Service of West Gardiner, ME, was killed instantly when the boom in which he was working to clear vegetation came into contact with a live utility line.  Comment by another tree service owner whose father worked for a national tree service company in the 1980’s that did a study on...
by , on July 18, 2012
An employee of JCR, an electrical utility contract company for Public Service Co. of New Hampshire, received 2nd and 3rd degree burns when an arc flash occurred while he was working in a bucket truck moving power from an older to newer utility pole.  The subsequent power outage caused loss of power to 1100 downtown...
by , on July 18, 2012
An electrical maintenance employee of  ThyssenKrupp Steel of Mobile, AL, was injured in an electrical arc incident. Click here to read the al.com article from June 26, 2012, or from Fox10tv.com.  
by , on June 29, 2012
In This Issue Updated 2012 Classes May Survey Results June Survey Question OSHA Fines this Month Q&A: Medical Alert Bracelets Arc Test Dates Electrical Safety News Arc Flash Study Training Z462 Comparisons Safety Article F1891-12 Available LV 2012 Video Testimony 2012 NFPA 70E Changes Video Team Members Q&A: HRC 2 – 8 cal/cm2 – Annex...
by , on June 21, 2012
Raani Corp of Bedford Park, IL, a manufacturer of health-care items, over-the-counter pharmaceuticals and household and salon products, was cited for 14 safety violations, including 6 willful violations.  An employee suffered severe chemical burns in Nov 2011, with an investigation determining that the company failed to call 911 to seek medical treatment and neglected to wash...
by , on June 21, 2012
Vivid Image of Theresa, WI, which employs 3 workers, was cited with 12 safety violations following the death of one worker and hospitalization of another in Nov 2011 due to exposure to the chemical toluene.    Included in the serious safety and health violations was failure to develop and implement a written hazard communication program,...
by , on June 21, 2012
OSHA proposed $51,480 in penalties to the Home Depot in Sarasota Springs, NY, for workplace safety standard violations.  Included in the repeat violations was failure to keep the required working space around 8 electrical equipment panels free from storage, consequently restricting employee’s access to circuit breakers in case of emergency.   Serious violations involved missing...
by , on June 21, 2012
Wal-Mart of Cobleskill, NY, faces fines for workplace safety standards violations, including the lack of a protective fitting and strain relief for an electrical conduit entering a control box. Click here to read the OSHA News Release dated 6/7/12.
by , on June 21, 2012
OSHA cited PAR Electrical Contractors Inc. of Billings, MT, for safety violations resulting in the electrocution of an employee who was working on a power line in December 2011.  The serious violations involved exposing workers to electrocution hazards while working in close proximity to energized parts without approved insulating safeguards, and failing to discontinue power...
by , on June 21, 2012
OSHA cited Interstate Electrical Services of North Billerica, MA, for willful and serious violations following an arc blast  in November 2011 in which several workers were seriously burned at a jobsite when equipment came into contact with an energized part of an electrical panel.  An energized electrical panel was not effectively guarded to prevent workers from...
... 686970717273747576 ... 81 ... 90 ... 99 ... 108 ... 117 ... 126 ... 135 ...