by , on April 12, 2012
An employee from the South Jakarta Sanitation Agency was electrocuted when he touched the railing of a  pedestrian bridge.  He had been taking a break from cleaning ditches and was lying on his back on the bridge;  a frayed power cable from a nearby utilty pole adhered to the bridge, transmitting the current to the man’s hand...
by , on April 12, 2012
Several men working on an electrical panel at Roger Dunn Golf Shop in Santa Ana received minor burns to face and head when the panel exploded.  Arc flash in a golf shop.  Every electrician needs the basic skills and minimal protection which will prevent most burns from arc flash. Click here to read the article...
by , on April 6, 2012
Electrical safety training: Here is an article on the use of voltage testers for testing absence of voltage. Jim White’s excellent article on Voltage Testers and Testing for Absence of Voltage.
by , on April 4, 2012
This is the best technical article I have seen on combustible dust issues. The article lays out the standards which can be used in assessment and shows a breadth of knowledge usually lacking.  It does not list clothing as a part of the solution (which I believe it should be) but he has a firm...
by , on April 3, 2012
Three contract employees of Ottawa Hydo suffered electrical shock when the boom on a machine used to install utility poles came into contact with overhead lines.  One man was seriously injured & required CPR, while the other two received electrical shock in attempting to rescue their co-worker. Click here to read the article dated 3/22/12.
by , on April 3, 2012
OSHA cited poultry processor, KD Acquisition I LLC dba Coleman Natural Foods, of Gainesville, FL.  Included were serious violations in which the company failed to train workers handling hazardous materials, provide written lockout/tagout procedures to shut down the energy sources of equipment, conduct an annual inspection of procedures to verify accuracy and perform complete lockout/tagout...
by , on April 3, 2012
A construction company in England was fined when an employee was seriously injured while using a drill to beak-up concrete to erect a sign.  The drill pierced a 415 volt underground cable, resulting in an electrical explosion and serious burns to the employee. Click here to read the Solicitor’s article dated 3/30/12.
by , on April 3, 2012
Tsudis Chocolate Company of Pittsburgh, PA, was cited for safety violations including failure to lockout a machine that caused a head injury to an employee when it started up inadvertantly.   In addition, repeat violations involved failure to provide workers with adequate training in safe energy control and electrical work practices, and serious violations involving deficient...
by , on April 3, 2012
OSHA proposed fines of $171,300 to Bath Iron Works for violations of workplace safety standards at its shipyad in Augusta, ME.  Included in the electrical hazards was an unqualified employee operating an overhead crane, unguarded electrical equipment, and exposed and damaged electrical sheathing. Click here to read the OSHA News Release dated 4/2/12.
by , on April 3, 2012
OSHA cited BWAY Corp of Atlanta, GA, for safety & health violations at its Dayton, NJ, plastics manufacturing facility.  Repeat violations included failure to develop lockout/tagout procedures for energy sources of specific equipment, conduct and certify monthly crane hook inspections, and protect electrical live parts with approved enclosures.  Serious violations included failure to ensure that...
... 777879808182838485 ... 90 ... 99 ... 108 ... 117 ... 126 ... 135 ...