by , on March 7, 2012

Two roofing contractors from Clio, MI, were shocked when the ladder that they were struggling to put up next to a building to climb to the top of a two-story building drifted backwards and struck the power line.  One man was electrocuted, and the other was shocked, but conscious, and alert on the ground.  OSHA requries the use of NON CONDUCTIVE ladders on this type of work.  Critical that all contractors use non-conductive ladders when working near power lines.

Click here to read the story from 3/2/12.


Hugh Hoagland
About author:
Hugh Hoagland is the foremost tester of clothing and PPE exposed to electrical arcs and is an arc flash expert. Read more about Hugh.

Leave a Reply