by , on January 2, 2010

These firefighters had a real challenge putting out a fire in a 4160V switchgear at the TVA plant last week.

Interesting comment on how they put the fire, caused by an arc flash, out.

Click here to read the news story.

Al Havens at e-Hazard.com teaches classes on electrical safety for first responders.


Hugh Hoagland
About author:
Hugh Hoagland is the foremost tester of clothing and PPE exposed to electrical arcs and is an arc flash expert. Read more about Hugh.

Leave a Reply