IEEE IAS Electrical Safety Workshop 2019 is Coming in March
Dates: March 4-8, 2019
Place: Jacksonville, FL
Venue: Hyatt Regency Jacksonville Riverside
Registration is now open for the Electrical Safety Workshop, 2019 in Jacksonville, Florida. As always, e-Hazard will be at the Expo. The exhibits program will be held on Wednesday, March 6, from 3-6 pm. Come see us at our booth!
What Awaits You
Code and Standard Working Group Meetings
Meetings already scheduled include the following:
- Standard for Electrical Safety Practices in Electrolytic Cell Line Working Zones
- Recommended Practice for the Selection, Field Testing, and Life Expectancy of Molded Case Circuit Breakers for Industrial Applications
- Recommended Practices for Electrical System Design Techniques to Improve Electrical Safety
- Draft Guide for Performing Arc-Flash Hazard Calculations
IEEE IAS Electrical Safety Committee (and Subcommittee) Meetings
These meetings are open to all who are interested in the work of these groups. You can find a current list of scheduled meetings here.
Tutorials Delivered by Industry Experts
This is a great way to earn CEU credits. New attendees will receive a discount on their first tutorial. You must register for the tutorial when you register for the ESW conference. See the website for details.
Choose from these seven topics:
- Understanding Personal Protective Grounding
- Applying Power of Prevention through Design in Your Electrical Safety Program
- Introduction to the 2018 Edition of IEEE 1584, Guide for Performing Arc-Flash Hazard Calculations
- Application of a Complete Electrical Risk Assessment Method for All Electrical Hazards
- Risk Assessment Methods for Battery Bank Thermal, Shock and Arc Flash Hazards
- Back to Basics – Grounding and Bonding
- Developing a State-of-the-Art Electrical Safety Auditing Program
Take a quick look at the overall schedule of technical sessions, tutorials, and meetings.
Network and Make Friends and Business Contacts That You Will Value for a Lifetime
Meals, refreshment breaks and socials are designed to encourage networking and interaction with friends, colleagues and new acquaintances.
Tour JEA’s Northside Generating Station (NGS)
The IEEE Jacksonville Section will be facilitating tours of JEA’s (Jacksonville Electric Authority’s) Northside Generating Station.
Date: Monday, March 4, Morning only
Check back to this page periodically for updated information on the tours.
Bring a Guest
Bring a guest, and you will see that the ESW provides an opportunity for companions of ESW attendees to spend time together or on their own. They can visit historical, cultural locations nearby or they can simply spend time at the hotel. During the Companion’s Luncheon, a local city representative provides information on area attractions. Feel free to visit the Companion Program page for more details.
Registration as an ESW companion enables your guest to participate in evening social events, the Products and Services Exposition, breakfasts and lunches.
We look forward to seeing you there!